Scholars prepare for graduate school through GRE prep and Research/graduate school strategies course. Scholars will gain an inside track on how to successfully navigate through the world of academia in pursuit of their doctoral degree.
2017 Summer Research Internship Calendar for 1st Year Scholars: Download Calendar
2017 Stipend Criteria and Payment Schedule for 1st Year Scholars: Download Stipend Criteria Here
Document Submission Procedures:
- Naming your documents: Your last name and the name of the assignment should be included in the name of all the documents you submit. This will make it easier for staff to track your documents and process your stipends. Follow this example: “Gonzalez Annotated Bibliography.docx”
- Submit all documents to email@example.com (not to staff email addresses)
- Email subject line should include the name of the assignment (e.g. Annotated Bibliography, Research Plan, etc).
- Please include a brief sentence or two in the email body letting us know what you are attaching to the email.
2017 Summer Stipend Approval Forms for 1st year Scholars:
Approval forms must be submitted online by each scholar and their respective mentor. One needs to log in with UNM NetID and password to complete the forms. Links are below:
1st-year Scholar Approval Form #1 (Due June 12, 2017)
1st-year Scholar Approval Form #2 (Due August 11, 2017)
Faculty Mentor Approval Form #1 (Due June 12, 2017)
Faculty Mentor Approval Form #2 (Due August 11, 2017)
Mentor Approval Forms above are for faculty mentoring 1st yr scholars.
Additional Summer Research Internship Documents:
Dr Montoya’s Summer Course* is MGMT 490-005 (CRN# 24615) . *Please note while McNair ROP requires your participation in this summer course, the program does not require you to register for this course for credit, and therefore if you choose to register for this course for credit in the summer, the program cannot pay tuition costs. McNair Summer 2017 Syllabus
2017 McNairROP Research Plan Guideline (1st & 2nd Year Scholars)
UC BERKELEY Conference Info—Includes deadlines, itinerary, sample email to professors for campus visit, conference abstract and poster guidelines
Graduate Application Matrix Template: This template can be modified to add
additional information for you particular needs. Link
GRE Pretest. Please take the timed pre-test for the June 5th deadline. You may take either the pre-July 30 pretest or the post-July 30 pretest. Make sure to take a screenshot of your scores when you are done and send as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org : Pretest Link
GRE score and percentile chart: Link
Additional GRE Handouts:
- Tuesday 6/6/17—gmat math 1-4.pdf (ONLY Ch 2 Number Properties and 3 Fractions, Decimals, Percent).
- Wednesday 6/7/17:
- Thursday 6/8/17: Quant Comp handout
- Week 2:
- Week 3:
- Week 4
- Supplemental/Optional Handouts:
- MS_Ch2_Basic Fractions_Decimals
- MP_Ch15_Number Props